The Round Six Podcast
On the Wings of an Alex
July 26, 2019
"THERE'S STILL SOME JUICY LEFT IN THAT FRUIT."
On episode sixty-eight, it's all about Alex. And starvation. But mostly Alex. And maybe menopause. And a Magic 8-Ball bowling ball. And soup. And souls and Camaros and angels. ...but mostly Alex.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Boys get emotional about the plight of starving podcasters
- Chicken soup for your ears, now with egg noodles!
- Want to help? Go to Patreon.com/roundsix and decide what level you want
- Touched by an Angel.....is that such a good thing?
- Alex complains about always being in the back of the class
- Brian comes up with a brilliant idea: The bowling ball sized Magic 8-Ball
- Uncle David and his hot rod influence on Alex
- Hot Rods in the neighborhood, and being "that kid"
- Alex's first hot rod, a Schwinn Sting Ray
- The Hustler, always trying to make money
- Making the decision to join the Air Force and work on fighter planes
- Getting out of the Air Force and working on the B-2 Bomber
- Working at Edwards and being surrounded by incredible aerospace history
- Alex the historian and statistics buff who can't cheat at Trivial Pursuit
- The 1969 Camaro road trip and permanent hearing loss
- Being in the service and always having cool cars
- Selling one Camaro and buying another
- Finding out that the '71 Camaro Rally Sport was a very special car
- Alex talks Camaro paint colors, and how the years have made it easier to accept
- Hot rods are always the last to get money and attention
- The guys discuss sunroof ideas for the '71 Camaro
- The Camaro almost got mini-tubbed and ruined
- The ghost of Hardly Earl
- Does this car have a Magnum V8?
- Making quartz countertops from Quartz Juice
- The mostly happy and kinda sad story of the 1958 Chevy truck
- Brian talks about menopause and his secret project involving Ewoks
- Lynn's Dad's 1968 Camaro RS and her childhood memories
- The 1968 Camaro project.......Monster Rally or Stadium 'Maro?
- Starting a new series of building a hot rod by the most frugal means possible.
Making $11 bucks the hard way
Roadside milk jugs full of "Gatorade"
Wilford Brimley joins the show and promotes "Oatmeal Night"
Favorite Boy Bands and cowboy forehead bandanas
The emotion comes back, thanks to Sarah McLaughlin
Round Six discusses their "Chinese Democracy" concept album.