Swinging Through The Sixties: The Beatles and Beyond
Swinging Through the Sixties: The Beatles and Beyond - Episode #8: 'Actors Go Pop (Part 1)'
This show's just the first installment of a multi-parter because, if you do a little research, you'll discover that it might be easier to compile a list of famous actors who, back in the 1960s, didn't record a pop song… or album… or several of them. They were all at it, on both sides of the Atlantic, and some of the results weren't nearly as bad as you might think. Some were actually quite good while others were at least amusing. Such is the varied selection we have here:
- Peter Sellers & Sophia Loren, 'Goodness Gracious Me' & 'Bangers and Mash'
- Richard Chamberlain, 'Three Stars Will Shine Tonight'
- Audrey Hepburn, 'Moon River'
- William Shatner, 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'
- Leonard Nimoy, 'Highly Illogical'
- Bette Davis & Debbie Burton, 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?'
- Barbara Eden, 'Bend It'
- Patrick Macnee & Honor Blackman, 'Kinky Boots'
- Lorne Greene, 'Ringo'
- Pattie Duke, 'Say Something Funny'
- Yaphet Kotto, 'Have You Dug This Scene'
- Brigitte Bardot, 'Harley Davidson'
- Brigitte Bardot, Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg, 'Je t'aime… moi non plus'