Have you ever thought about how many of the proposed solutions to societal ills are basically ploys that give false hope to the human race? Almost everywhere you look, we have people and groups posing as virtuous proponents of the advancement of humankind, yet their practices say just the opposite. On this episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri address the political and societal imagery veiled as advancements and achievements, which are actually counter to the progress of society.
Topics discussed include NewsOne reporting a satirical article on Rand Paul and Beyonce as fact because they don’t fact check, Black media failing its readers, Your Black Worldâ€™s exploitation of a 15-year-old alleged bank robber for financial gain, coming to terms with the fact that itâ€™s not just non-Blacks who despise black youth, the prevalent attitude of profits over people, the Pentagonâ€™s newly lifted ban on women in combat, parallels between classism and the hierarchy within the military, the “glass ceilings” that exist in the military on the basis of gender roles and college education, handling of “feminine” hygiene during combat, men in bootcamp being drugged to prevent them from getting “morning wood”, rape in the military, NewsOne suggesting that folks don’t deserve the White House petitioning system, Chicago investing in guns while simultaneously banning them in the city, unlocking cell phones becoming illegal tomorrow, a New Mexico bill would make it illegal to abort a pregnancy resulting from rape–it would be destroying “evidence”, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Click here for more episodes of The Axiom Amnesia Theory
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Discussion about NewsOne’s abject failure at journalism. They are supposed to be a legitimate news source, but they fail to even take the basic step of verifying whether what they’re reporting is fact. Of course, we’ve discussed Black media failing its listeners/readers in previous episodes, but this latest debacle is further proof that Bossip (gossip blog) > NewsOne.
- Discussion about NewsOne taking The New Yorker’s satirical article about Beyonce and Paul as an actual news article. Here’s part of that article:
â€œBy lip-synching the national anthem, BeyoncÃ© has cast a dark cloud over the Presidentâ€™s second term,â€ said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky). â€œThe only way President Obama can remove that cloud is by resigning from office at once.â€
While many in the media have blamed BeyoncÃ© for the lip-synching controversy, Mr. Paul said, â€œWe must remember that this happened on President Obamaâ€™s watch.â€
Source: The New Yorker
- This is an example of what happens when you are so quick to bat for your political team that you don’t bother to check the facts. Yet another reason to fact check the information you find on these “news” sites for yourself. They obviously don’t check it before they present it to you as truth…
- During yesterday’s show, “Episode 127: Whatâ€™s Your -ism?”, we actually fact-checked the New Yorker’s satirical article that NewsOne took for truth live on the show! There is no reason that NewsOne shouldn’t have checked their facts. The issue is that they were so busy playing partisan politics that they failed to take the basic step of verifying that a quote was in fact true.
- This poll was posted with NewsOne’s article. What’s sad is that even when the site reposted the article with their apology for claiming the satire was true, their “readers” missed the retraction because they didn’t bother to actually read the article.
- Discussion about how readers take headlines as fact.
- Discussion about the confirmation bias that occurs when it comes to peoples’ support of their preferred political party, and their demonization of their opposition.
- Discussion about how you always have to do further research when you read an article by some of the most popular Black sites.
- Discussion about Your Black World’s exploitation of a 15-year-old alleged bank robber. They printed his name and other information in a condemnation of this child for economic gain via ad revenues. They had the nerve to suggest that jail might help him turn his life around.
- Discussion about the necessity of coming to terms with the fact that it’s not just non-Blacks who despise black youth.
- Discussion about the prevalent attitude of profits over people.
- Discussion about the Pentagon’s newly lifted ban on women in combat.
- There are women who have historically acted in supporting roles, but they had not been allowed to participate in actual combat specialties before now.
- Drawing parallels between classism and the hierarchy within the military.
- Discussion about the “glass ceilings” that exist in the military on the basis of gender roles and college education.
- Discussion that if the woman can do the job, she should be allowed to have the job. If they can complete the training, women should be approved to work in whatever positions they prefer.
- Do you think that at some point there will eventually be no distinction at all between women and men in the military–women sleep and work in the same areas as men, etc.
- The example given of the medical field, where gender consideration is not an issue when it comes to who is capable of doing the work.
- Discussion about how women would handle their menstrual cycle while out in combat? These days women can take a shot that would eliminate their menstrual cycle ahead of going out the field.
- Discussion about the common experience of men in boot camp not getting their “morning wood” and the suspicion that this is the result of purposeful drugging by the military.
- Discussion about people claiming that women in combat would be raped, so they shouldn’t go to combat. Why not address the rapists, rather than limiting the actions of the potential victim?
- Discussion about women wanting to be right there on the front lines with men.
- Further discussion about the speculation that chemicals (saltpeter) are deliberately placed into military food to prevent morning wood. Heit thinks that Snopes got it wrong:
A common report by male recruits undergoing basic training is their inability to troop the
morning colors, so to speak. Erections that came so easily before boot camp become few and far between. This surprising downturn of events is frequently attributed to the presence of saltpeter in the chow rather than to the powerful combination of anxiety to succeed, physical exhaustion, and a radical change of lifestyle. Barracks life also contributes to this suppression, with the knowledge of the close proximity of many others subconsciously working to inhibit that aspect of an individual’s expression.
“I’m worried that I might not make it through the training,” “I’m dead tired,” “I don’t yet feel like this is my home,” and “There are all these other guys around” are weak-sounding admissions to give voice to, so it is comforting to instead be able to cling to the belief that the Army, in its all-knowing wisdom, must be slipping something into the food to cause what’s seen as a striking physiological betrayal in young men who haven’t previously experienced such a dry spell.
This need to believe that an outside force is deliberately working to keep things down fuels the saltpeter myth.
- Discussion about NewsOne’s article, “SMH! White House Shouldâ€™ve Never Given Yâ€™all A Place To Petition.“
- It is a stupid argument that people shouldn’t be allowed to petition because you don’t like what they say or suggest.
- NewsOne is totally missing the point that we’ve discussed before–that the whole White House petition site is there solely for PR.
- The White House should take action on things that people actually want. It doesn’t matter how ridiculous the idea is. In a democracy if it has support, it should be pushed according to the philosophy of majority rule.
- It is a shame to be Black and suggest that people shouldn’t have the freedom to do what they want simply because you don’t like them or their ideas. This is the same mentality that has been used to oppress Blacks for hundreds of years.
- Discussion about the revelation that Chicago city employees’ pensions were invested in gun manufacturers, yet the city had a ban on handguns until recently.
(Reuters) – A pension fund for Chicago public employees has voted to divest its holdings in three companies that manufacture assault weapons, an official with the fund confirmed on Thursday.
The Municipal Employees Annuity and Benefit Fund (MEABF) voted on Wednesday to sell off just over $1 million in investments in Freedom Group Inc, Sturm Ruger and Co Inc and Smith & Wesson Holding Corp, MEABF Executive Director Jim Mohler told Reuters.
The move comes in response to the shooting last month at a Connecticut elementary school that left 20 first graders and six educators dead, shocking the nation and sparking a heated debate over gun control in the United States.
- They banned guns in the city, while betting their future on gun sales. This is why it is all just a bunch of political BS when people talk about gun control.
- Discussion about how unlocking cell phones becomes illegal tomorrow.
- Do we even own our phones, or we basically renting them to use them the way the company deems fit?
- In the future, jailbreaking and rooting of phones will become illegal too!
- How will these laws be enforced?
- If you bought the phone, you should be able to use it the way you want to, and with your preferred service provider.
- Discussion about a New Mexico bill introduced that makes it illegal to abort a pregnancy that is the result of rape, because it would be destroying “evidence”:
A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.
House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for “tampering with evidence.”
â€œTampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime,” the bill says.
Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.
Source: Huffington Post
- How can a living human being be evidence? This shows they don’t care anything about the child by reducing a human to something called “evidence.”
- Everything we talked about today was ridiculous! Is there any hope left for the human race? Probably not… But, we’re gonna keep pushing the truth to people.
- If you like what we do on Axiom Amnesia, please consider making a donation to us directly or by purchasing Heit & Cheri’s album “Improper Conduct.”
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below:
Improper Conduct by Heit & Cheri