Hacking is a serious matter. But the tweets that ensue once its happened can often be hilarious. Burger King was on the unfortunate receiving end this week as their twitter account was hijacked. John also has a theory on why the iWatch may be a really important invention. All this plus our love for video streaming in our Mobile App of the Week. And much more.
Hosts: Mike Kresic
Running Time: 41:20
Mobile App of the Week:
- Another reason to love Amazon Prime is the access to great content. The Sam Malone tries to sell his Corvette.
- Latest hack into iOS6 lets people hack into your phone past the code lock screen. Here’s a video. This is an old hack that resurfaced with the recent iOS update. When will Apple finally get this one right?
- Speaking of hacks, twitterverse responses were pretty amusing.
- Bots in the home? We’re not talking about Roomba, but malware bots. One in fourteen home networks have been compromised in 2012.
- Apple’s reign continues selling 3.5M iPhones per week and 1.7M iPads.
- Western Digital is getting in on the streaming video market. Time to Play.
- There’s no privacy in the Google Play store.
- Meteor. Russia. Not good. Check out the video coverage.
- A “watch” for your passwords would be killer.
This Week in Nerd History:
- Feb 20, 1933 – The Congress of the United States proposes the Prohibition in the United States.
- Feb 18, 1977 – The Space Shuttle Enterprise test vehicle is carried on its maiden “flight” on top of a Boeing 747.
- Feb 18, 1978 – The first Gordon Haller.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. .
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please .
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio