A recap of the highlights from the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas last week. Why nerds make better parents. Minecraft as a educational tool in schools? And the White House with a response that would make George Lucas proud.
Hosts: Mike Kresic
Running Time: 39:27
Mobile App of the Week:
- What was the hot tech on display at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas? We’ll react to the Best of CES at this year’s show that wrapped up last week.
- From the silly, but surprisingly useful category, come these nailtips that can be used as a stylus for your favorite tablet/smartphone.
- And true to the Big Bang Theory belief that everything is better with bluetooth come these Bluetooth stickers that can help you locate just about anything. Sheldon would love this.
- If you have a Linksys router, and millions do, be aware of a Linksys.com to locate your manual online.
- How cool is it to have Minecraft for homework?
- Do nerds make for better parents?
- The not the right time for a Death Star. Is this just a Jedi Mind Trick?
- The International Space Station walk-through done in MTV Cribs-style (video).
This Week in Nerd History:
- January 13, 1910 – The k.
- January 13, 1942 – World War II: First use of an aircraft ejection seat by a German test pilot in a Heinkel He 280 jet fighter.
- January 12, 1957 – PIXAR’s John Lasseter is born
- January 15, 1967 – The first Super Bowl is played in Los Angeles, California. The Green Bay Packers defeat the Kansas City Chiefs 35–10.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. .
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please .
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio