A recap of the highlights from the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas last week. Why nerds make better parents. Minecraft as a educational tool in schools? And the White House with a response that would make George Lucas proud.
Hosts: John Kresic, Tom Kresic, Mike Kresic
Running Time: 39:27
Mobile App of the Week:
- App Gratis. One free app offer per day that would normally be a paid app. Kinda like Groupon for apps. Offer is good only for the day. (thanks to Violet for sharing this app suggestion on our Facebook page!)
This Week in Nerd History:
- January 13, 1910 – The first public radio broadcast takes place; a live performance of the opera Cavalleria rusticana is sent out over the airwaves from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York, New York.
- January 13, 1942 – World War II: First use of an aircraft ejection seat by a German test pilot in a Heinkel He 280 jet fighter.
- January 12, 1957 – PIXAR’s John Lasseter is born
- January 15, 1967 – The first Super Bowl is played in Los Angeles, California. The Green Bay Packers defeat the Kansas City Chiefs 35–10.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!