1. Dr. Seuss Treasury: Over 50 Dr. Seuss classic books in one app! Your child will love reading these Dr. Seuss classics with their favorite characters – the Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, the Lorax, Sam-I-Am, and many, many more! Parents can see their children’s reading skills improve with statistics for number of books read, hours read, pages turned, and words tapped. Try it FREE for 7 days, then subscribe for unlimited access to a library of 55 digital books you can take with you anywhere.
2. Toca Hair Salon – Christmas Gift: Cut, color and style Santa Claus beard and hair! In this Christmas edition of the smash hit Toca Hair Salon, you can choose between styling Santa Claus or a funny Christmas tree! And best of all? It’s completely FREE! Let your kids run their own Christmas themed Hair Salon! Cut, color, comb and blow-dry lifelike hair on two different cute characters. Using your fingers you can make any hair style you want! And of course – take a snapshot and save your creations!
3. ABCmouse.com: Members of this award-winning site will enjoy the direct access to their account and many of the most popular activities, games, and learning lessons found on the website. Download the Early Learning Academy app to access the leading online educational program for children ages 2-6 directly from your iPad (ABCmouse.com membership required). With more than 5,000 fun and interactive learning activities that teach reading, math, beginning science, art, music, and much more, this program offers a one-stop location for all of your family’s educational needs.
Check out last week’s list of apps: Top 5 Free Educational Apps for iPhone
4. Endless Wordplay: This app introduces key spelling patterns and phonograms that are important for beginning spellers and early writers. Written English can be complex and confusing, and Endless Wordplay reinforces spelling rules and variations using rhymes and a fun, progressive learning path. Kids will have a blast learning spelling patterns and phonograms with the all-new Alphabot and the beloved Endless monsters. Each lesson reinforces a spelling and phonetic pattern using a sequence of rhyming word puzzles with letters that come alive. The rhyming words then lead to entertaining and illustrative animations that are as fun as they are educational.
5. Mad Libs: The world’s greatest word game is back with an all-new look! Fill in the blanks and be the funniest person in the room! 21 free Mad Libs stories with new free content added all the time, save your stories and share with friends, kid-friendly interface, no 3rd party advertising.
6. Disney Jr. Appisodes
7. Storybots: Christmas
9. PBS Kids
10. Shave Santa
Leave a Voicemail
You can call 518-290-0228 to leave me a message or use this convenient widget to record a message right from your computer.
Want to be notified of any upcoming news regarding the podcast or if I’m speaking in your area? Join my spam-free mailing list. You’ll receive monthly updates and news about future projects and I’ll let you know if I’m speaking in your area at a homeschooling convention.
The Wired Homeschool is a proud member of the Tech Podcast Network. For more family-friendly tech podcasts visit techpodcasts.com
Music for the podcast by Kevin Macleod.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”