(http://www.wildstormaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WA_ep0048-B.jpg)Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed (../feed/podcast/) | iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=378198400) Show Notes: Welcome to a brand new amazing yet one year late episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review Stormwatch #21-30 and Future's End #0-1, as well as some other Wildstorm appearances in the new DCU 52.00:00:00 - Joe welcomes everyone to episode #48 and forgets to give his spoiler alerts warning (but really if you haven't read any of these issues, you didn't miss anything this past year). Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release (really Joe?).00:02:12 - Joe continues with a pale amount of Wildstorm related news collected over the past year's time.* We’re back! After a longer hiatus than anticipated but probably a much needed one for the both of us. Stormwatch #21-30 other Wildstorm appearances in the DCU New 52. (SPOILERS WARNING)
* Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday issues up at comixology.
Deathblow Deluxe Edition Hardcover just released in March with the softcover coming in Jan. 2015. Collects #1-12 plus story from Darker Image #1. Also Divine Right Hardcover scheduled for Dec. 2014. DC gearing up to use these characters somehow?
* More Wildstorm Heroclix in the recently released Superman and the Legion of Superheroes set which includes a Daemonite, Helspont, Mr. Majestic and Ladytron. AND The Authority is coming in the next set, DC Heroclix: The Flash on Oct. 15 (my bday, thank you Wiz Kids!). So far only a pic of Midnighter has been released.
* The podcast is 4 years old!
* Future's End News: Well, in five years’ time, Stormwatch is still called Stormwatch, not The Authority and they have a couple of new members. Via - Bleeding Cool (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BleedingCool/~3/a4DMMTcMwAY/)
* The Movement canceled ending with issue #12 in May, featured Wildstorm character Rainmaker.00:07:18 - Ben starts our final yearly wrap up of Stormwatch run from issues #21-30 mostly written by Jim Starlin with art by Yvel Guichet except for #30 which was written by Sterling Gates with art by Jeremy Roberts. We touch a bit on what Jim Lee had to say in an interview from CBR about the state of the Wildstorm characters and their misses and misses in integrating into the new DCU.
Jim Lee’s comments on state of Wildstorm from CBR- “We like to say we're finding our way. [Laughs] I think when we started the New 52, we had a bunch of Wildstorm characters in there, and they were really being handled by New York editors. They would often ask me, "Do you like this take? Do you think this is cool?" And my response to them was, "Look, I want your take on the characters. We spent many years doing our take on the West Coast and I'd love to see them through the filter of the New York office. You guys deal with these iconic characters like Superman and Batman. Where do characters like Grifter and some of these other WildC.A.T.S. or former Gen13 members -- where do they fit into this mythology, how do they fit in?" Like everything you do creatively, there were some hits and misses. That said, I think we've held back on a couple of franchises like "Gen13" and "WildC.A.T.S." and that's something I want to be more directly involved with. When the time comes, we'll put those out and hopefully, Wildstorm fans will be happy.”
00:17:52 - Joe touches on the Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox animated movie which features a great representation of Grifter. Grifter hasn't been seen on the small screen for almost 15 years!00:18:20 - Joe covers the Free Comic Book Day Future's End #0 and the now weekly issues #1 written by Brian Azzarello. Jeff Lemire, Dan Jurgens, Keith Giffen with art by Patrick Zircher (did Shadowman for Valiant) and cover by Ryan Sook.