BREAKING NEWS from the NHL: After 113 long days, the lockout is now… over!
Join Frs. Andrew, Darryl, Travis, and Geoffrey in the discussion!
Topics we discussed:
- The NHL season will likely be 48 games long, and teams will only play within their conference.
- We talk about the Canadian NHL teams. We have a bit of a battle of Alberta going on: Fr. Andrew is a fan of the Oilers, while Frs. Travis, Geoff, and Darryl cheer for the Flames. (Go Flames!)
- Don Fehr and Gary Bettman: Will they be around when the new CBA runs its course?
- NHL and its fans: Canadian fans will probably come back eventually. TV deals in the USA may be a challenge with all these labour disruptions.
- A possible olive branch to the fans is being thrown around: Make the NHL Centre Ice Package free this season for watching all the games.
- Toronto has already lost a game (Winter Classic) and has been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
- Shout out to @Armdog (Colby Armstrong)
- Montreal Canadiens – shout out to the many fans. Hopefully we don’t get too much hate mail from all of them…
- The successes (or otherwise) of athletes named Todd
- Football: The Vikings and the college bowl games
- Alabama hung on for the win over Notre Dame
- R.A. Dickey was introduced as a new pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays.
What are your predictions for the coming NHL season? Comment below, send an email to Twitter!
Subscribe with iTunes or another podcasting program with the following feed: http://thesportsfathers.com/?feed=podcast