(http://www.drrobertmaki.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DRS_main_logo1-300x300.jpg) In this episode of the Dr. Rob Show we read and talk about an article from the Huffington Post titled, 'Meat Consumption And Cancer Risk Varies By Race, Study Shows'. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/meat-consumption-cancer-risk-varies-by-race-study_n_2065414.html) In short the article talks about how women can have an increased risk of cancer the more meat they consume on a weekly basis.
Dr. Rob explains how meat consumption is NOT detrimental to your health and explains why this article isn't something you should be focusing on. As we have talked about in past podcasts, it is the sugar/carbohydrate consumption that increases your risk of certain types of diseases. We as humans are meant to consume more meats and fats and little carbohydrates. With our carbohydrate driven society, we are more prone to diet based diseases as apposed to infectious diseases you would see 100+ years ago.
Dr. Rob explains why this article holds no value and also what types of food you should be eating in order to increase your chances of not obtaining diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
In This Episode of the Dr. Rob Show.....
* Discuss article from the Huffington Post
* Discuss meat consumption
* Discuss diabetes and cancer
What do you think?
* Do you consume meat on a regular basis? If so, have you noticed any problems with doing so?
* Send us your thoughts and questions
* Leave a comment for us here on the blog
* Connect with us on social media
* Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/thedrrobshow)
* Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/thedrrobshow)