This week we’re joined by Adrian Lane (my coworker, but it was Martin’s idea) to give us some more insight on his latest WAF research. The WAF situation is actually a lot more nuanced than the “sucks/wins” arguments we usually hear. And, as usual, we also discuss the latest security news (without Zach, who has a “job” that takes his “time” or something like that).
Network Security Podcast, Episode 285, August 14, 2012
- Adrian Lane talks about his new Pragmatic WAF Management research and the problems with WAF.
- A short discussion on the complexities of a secure password reset procedure, in response to the Mat Honan hack.
- Trapwire monitoring. Evil? Only time will tell. How’s THAT for a FUDDY title
- Barracuda on the pay-for-play Twitter underground.
- Law enforcement can’t crack the iPhone, what are the implications?
- An article about finding attack origins that we couldn’t really make sense of.
- Tonight’s Music: The Garrett Nordstrom Situation with Death Letter Blues