Translate PowerPress Instructions
Thank you for your interest in translating PowerPress! Your efforts will help many more content creators make the switch to our awesome media plugin!
Making a translation is easy! There are two ways to translate PowerPress:
Translate using poEdit desktop application
poEdit is a translation application available for Windows, MAC and Linux. Using poEdit to translate PowerPress is easy:
- Download and install poEdit
- Download the latest powerpress.po file
- Rename the powerpress.po file to powerpress-xx-XX.po (replace xx-XX with your language's code)
- Open the powerpress-xx-XX.po file in poEdit and translate
Translate using CodeStyling Localization WordPress plugin
CodeStyling Localization is a translation plugin for WordPress. Using CodeStyling Localization to trnaslate PowerPress is simple:
- Install and activate the CodeStyling Localization plugin
- Go to the Localization tab under the "Tools" section of your WordPress admin
- Scroll down and find Blubrry PowerPress.
- Select "Add New Language", and in the pop up box, select the language you wish to translate.
- For your newly added language, select 'rescan' and scan for the latest strings for translation
- For your newly added language, select 'Edit' and start translating!
The final translation will be stored in your wp-content/plugins/powerpress/languages/ folder. Please send us the po file you created in this folder.
Submitting your Translation
Please send the translated file to powerpress [at] rawvoice.com. Please include the following in your email:
- Name or nickname (We will give you credit for translation in the readme.txt)
- Web site URL (optional, we will link to your web site in the readme.txt)
- Any notes about the translation, possible issues, etc...
- What version of PowerPress you made the translation for (If you generated your own PO file)
Download latest PO Translation file: