Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting Plugin
Blubrry PowerPress brings the essential features for media creation to WordPress. PowerPress offers full iTunes support, the Update iTunes Listing feature, web audio/video media players and more.
· Customizable HTML5 audio/video-play icons.
· Auto Media Length Detection added for .m4a/.mrv/.mp4
· Podcast channels tied to custom post types.
· Six languages, including Chinese, Danish, English, French, Italian and Romanian.
· Optimization for WordPress 3.3+ (WordPress 3.0 is now the minimum required).
· Media duration detection for.m4a audio and .mp4/.m4v video
· Podcast Channels can now be associated with specific Custom Post Types of type 'post'
· Added new `Feed Discovery` option for podcast feeds in web site headers
· Added option to upload/change HTML5 audio and video play icons.
· Added warning in settings that podcast feed is invalid until create at least one podcast episode
· Flow Player Classic now displays full screen button when playing video.
· Plus a number of improvements and bug fixes
· PowerPress is developed and maintained by Blubrry, a media company and community providing tools and resources for media creators to measure, monetize, publish and host media content. Although we'd like you to become a member of Blubrry, no membership is required to use this free, open source media plugin.
- Full iTunes Support: Adds iTunes compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress blog.
- Integrated Media Players: Audio/video web players with video embed support from sites such as YouTube and Ustream.tv.
- Media Modifiers: Easily add, modify and remove shows from blog posts and pages.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, Blogger or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-Media Support: Create separate shows by category (category casting) or by media format (channels).
- Supported Media Formats: mp3, m4a, ogg, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Languages supported: English, Danish, French (Want to translate PowerPress?)
*The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, starts at $5 month.
iTunes can make up between 50 percent and 95 percent of a content creator's audience. PowerPress comes with the following iTunes specific features.
- iTunes compliant feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your iTunes listing looks great.
- Optimized iTunes Summary: Converts your blog post content to a format suited for viewing in iTunes (learn more)
- Upload iTunes Artwork: Upload and change your iTunes artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive web player options to display your audio and video media on your web pages.
- Pick from five mp3 players including the latest version of the popular 1 Pixel Out Player.
- Position player above or below your post content.
- Place the player exactly where you want by adding the [powerpress] shortcode tag directly in your post content.
- Add video embeds from sites such as YouTube, Viddler, Blip.tv and Ustream.tv.
- Provides download and play in new window links.
- Formats supported: mp3, m4v, m4a, ogg, mp4, wma, mov, pdf, swf, avi, mpeg and more.
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid services to streamline your media content productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12.
Want more? Check out the advanced features.
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add media support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Media Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- Tag/Keyword Podcast Feeds (Tag Casting): Add iTunes compliant attributes to your tag feeds.
- FeedBurner Support: Use FeedBurner.com to host your feeds.
- *User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can create media.
- **Custom Post Types: Use the new Custom Post Types feature found in WordPress 3.0
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MU: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MU
*User Role Management requires a separate plugin to manage WordPress Roles and Capabilities.
**Custom Post Types feature requires a separate plugin to manage custom post types.
Migrating from PodPress
We made it easy to migrate from PodPress to PowerPress.
- Install and enable PowerPress
- Configure the "PodPress Episodes" setting in PowerPress to "Include in Posts and Feeds"
- Disable PodPress
PowerPress will continue where PodPress left off by including your previously created PodPress episodes in your feeds and web pages.
We made it easy to migrate from "Podcasting" plugin to PowerPress.
- Install and enable PowerPress
- Disable plugin "Podcasting"
PowerPress will continue where plugin "Podcasting" left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and web pages.
. . . or have some ideas that could improve the plugin?
- Visit the Blubrry Community Forum
- Use the Blubrry Contact Us form
- Blubrry PowerPress Documentation
- Check out PodcastFAQ.com - everything you need to know about podcasting
Requires WordPress Version: 3.0 or higher
Download Blubrry PowerPress
Released on May 11, 2012
Complete changelog available at wordpress.org under Blubrry PowerPress Changelog.
Blubrry Services Integration
Blubrry PowerPress now includes features that tie into the statistics and media hosting services provided by Blubrry. Click here to learn more and see how these features simplify your media creation process all from within your WordPress blog.
WordPress version 3.0 or newer.
PHP must have allow_url_fopen enabled or the PHP-cURL library installed.
Plugin Installation Instructions
Drop the entire directory from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/.
Activate the "Blubrry PowerPress" plugin in the Plugin Management page.
Configure Blubrry PowerPress by going to the Settings > Blubrry PowerPress page.
Blubrry PowerPress Support
Additional support and documentation is available on the Blubrry Help Center » PowerPress section.