Game Update 2.7: Invasion is now on the PTS; we go over its patch notes, along with the information delivered at the Community Cantina in Atlanta. Then in our second Galactic Starfighter roundtable, we discuss the Scout, with two exceptional pilots from The Bastion.
Redna provides the following gallery to prove that his Trooper did indeed reach level 55 via playing Galactic Starfighter, without having chosen an Advanced Class.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Ryan Keogh!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- At the Community Cantina held in Atlanta, the thumb drive (via Dulfy) provided to attendees included a “first look” inside scoop of what was coming in Game Update 2.7: Invasion.
- Game Update 2.7 is seems that Nightmare Mode operations will now have their “Nightmare Power” buff removed by BioWare after some amount of time; clearing the operation while the buff is in effect will grant a unique title.
- It was confirmed that separating Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode into separate weekly lockouts will apply to all existing operations.
- Four new starfighters are being added: a new Scout and Strike Fighter for each faction. Two can be seen in this YouTube).
- The various exploits that are being used in PvP to take advantage of bugs in Bolster should (theoretically) be fixed in Game Update 2.7.
- Matt Dondelinger (Associate Designer) existing in-game assets.
Oofalong of the Chosen guild on Prophecy of the Five server has written the second in his Understanding SWTOR Basics series, being published on Dulfy’s site; this article is about understanding tooltips.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @TheViszlaLegacy, @TheMalgadar, @Casmas_, @ThePummeler, Dracko, @ben_b55, @Theshadowlegion, @nicknightmoves, Nathaniel Starr and @Jayconnell.
The Shadow Legion guild on Empire-side of The Shadowlands are looking for new members for their story mode 16-man weekly operations group.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Jubbs and Pincer from The Bastion join us to discuss the Scout, providing a wealth of information and tips.
Thanks to Jubbs (twitch.tv/r3dn4) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to Radio4Gamers.
The post OotiniCast | A Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) podcast.