Welcome to Episode 52 of the Observed Tech PODCAST.
In this weeks show we talk Windows Phone numbers; LinkedIn’s new Windows Phone App; Apple and security; the upcoming SpaceX launch of the Falcon 9 rocket with the Dragon Capsule heading to the ISS; US Postal service ban on shipping Lithium Ion batteries overseas; Apple patching Siri to give the result they want; Twitter opts you in for weekly email summary; use NASA’s data to build an app; half of teens admit to texting and driving; Reddit users respond to dying man’s request for letters and music; IE on the Xbox 360; tweeting during brain surgery; Angry Birds downloads and profits; Nokia Lumia 900 sales continue to outpace supply; Facebook provides crisis tools for US military members, vets and their families; a new WordPress and Pinterest plugin; get Microsoft monthly security updates in DVD ISO format; hackers crack 55,000 Twitter accounts; over 50,000 challengers smoked by Windows Phone; working with Windows Live ID’s and Gamertags; 35 million users and an iOS App for Twitpic; Samsung Focus 2 hands on and 86% of adults use smartphones to settle arguments.
We introduced a new twist to this weeks show as we broadcasted a Google+ Hangout On Air as we recorded this episode. You can see that video embedded below and now have an option for watching the show as well as listening.
We close the show out as we normally do by taking a look at the past week on WindowsObserver.com.
Check out the notes below for links to all the sources.
Enjoy and as always thanks for listening!
- Download Episode 52
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
- Windows Phone may have crossed the 12 million unit mark (The Next Web)
- LinkedIn’s new app is a Windows Phone showcase (Geek Wire)
- Apple Releases Flashback Fix for OS X Leopard (Mashable)
- OS X Lion Flaw Exposes Login Passwords in Plain Text (Mashable)
- SpaceX Capsule Slated to Soar to Space Station on Saturday (Mashable)
- US Postal Service banning international shipments of smartphones and more… (WP Central)
- Apple patches Siri, no longer says Lumia 900 is ‘best smartphone ever’ (The Verge)
- The best of Twitter in your inbox (Twitter)
- Kaspersky Labs now says quote about it assisting Apple with OS X security was wrong [Updated] (The Next Web)
- NASA Wants You to Build ‘The Ultimate App’ Using its Data (Mashable)
- 43% of US teens say they text whilst driving, despite knowing of the dangers: AT&T survey (The Next Web)
- Reddit Users Surprise Terminally Ill Man With Random Acts of Kindness (Mashable)
- Microsoft to launch Internet Explorer for Xbox 360 with Kinect capabilities (LiveSide)
- Terry Zink’s Cyber Security Blog)
- Brain Surgery Tweeted Live [PICS] (Mashable)
- Rovio’s Angry Birds titles hit 1 billion cumulative downloads (The Next Web)
- Lumia 900 sales still ‘outpacing supply’ says Nokia US President (WP Central)
- Facebook Launches Crisis Tools for Military Service Members (Mashable)
- Auto-post images from WordPress to Pinterest with this handy plugin [Invites] (The Next Web)
- Microsoft May 2012 Security Release ISO Image (Microsoft Download Center)
- Hackers break into 55,000 Twitter accounts, leaving passwords bare (The Next Web)
- Microsoft: More than 50,000 challengers ‘smoked by Windows Phone’ (Geek Wire)
- Aaron Stebner’s WebLog)
- 35 Million Users Later, Twitpic Launches its First App (Mashable)
- Samsung Focus 2 hands-on video and photos (The Verge)
- 86% of U.S. adults use phones to settle arguments, solve problems and meet friends (Geek Wire)
WindowsObserver.com Week in Review:
- Weekly Aqua and Flora Dynamic Windows Theme Updates for 15 May 2012
- Weekly Additions to Fauna and Terra Windows Dynamic Themes for 15 May 2012
- Microsoft Xbox Community Ambassador Program Gets Major Update
- Bing Aerial Imagery for Europe Dynamic Windows Theme Update for 15 May 2012
- Windows Phone App Flow: Comfort Apps
- Xbox Companion App for Windows Phone Updated
- Xbox 360 4GB Console Bundled with Kinect for $99
- Microsoft Enhancements to SkyDrive Connect Office for Mac To Your Cloud Storage
Date Produced: 16 May 2012
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
Google+ Hangout On Air of Episode 52 Recording
This PODCAST is a member of the TechPodcast Network.
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 69
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 68
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 47
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 66
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 63