Welcome to Episode 45 of the Observed Tech PODCAST. In this episode we are talking about IE wanting you back; the official Google+ App for Windows Phone; ethics and social media; Microsoft resources for dealing with malware and viruses; print encyclopedias versus WikiPedia; Nokia Lumia 900 FAQ; Pinterests scams; Office 365 services drop in price; Federal Reserves Twitter account; the Evolution of the Moon; PC Pitstop March newsletter; Amazon Prime adds Discovery programs to its video library; installing an SSD in your PC; passwords when you die; major browsers coming to Windows 8 Metro; Twitter buys Posterous; Dancing with Star Wars; top 5 online scams and PS2 still tops PS3 in homes.
We wrap up with a look at the past week on WindowsObserver.com.
Check out the notes below for links to all the sources.
Enjoy and as always thanks for listening!
- Download Episode 45
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
- Internet Explorer wants you back, say it’s different this time (GeekWire)
- Official Google+ Windows Phone app confirmed to be on the way (WP Central)
- Ethics and Social Media: Where Should You Draw The Line? (Mashable)
- Microsoft resources and guidance for removal of malware and viruses (Microsoft KB)
- With the encyclopedia dying, Wikipedia is slowly gaining ground in education (The Next Web)
- US & international Nokia Lumia 900 FAQ (WP Central)
- Pinterest Scams on the Rise- Protect Yourself [PICS] (Mashable)
- Lower prices for Office 365 starting today. (MSDN)
- Federal Reserve Launches Twitter Account (Mashable)
- NASA Video: Evolution of the Moon (On Orbit)
- PC Pitstop Newsletter – March 2012 (PC Pitstop)
- Amazon Prime video adds 3,000 titles from Discovery (Tech Radar)
- Migrating to SSD: Get yourself a new computer without getting one (cNet)
- How To: Use an SSD Drive as Main Drive for Windows 7 (WindowsObserver.com)
- Dave’s Computer Tips: Passwords when you pass away (PC Pitstop)
- Google Confirms It’s Working on Chrome for Windows 8 (Mashable)
- Twitter has acquired shortform blogging company Posterous (The Next Web)
- Dancing with the Star Wars: Sorry, but this is just wrong (GeekWire)
- Windows Talk: Top 5 Types of Online Scams that Everyone Should Know (PC Pitstop)
- PS2 still tops PS3 in U.S. homes, and other surprising stats from the game world (GeekWire)
WindowsObserver.com Week in Review:
- Does the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Key Contain a Secret Message?
- Pinterest Updates Their Terms of Service
- Angry Birds Space on Windows Phone Handsets: An Abort or Launch?
- ATT Announcement: Nokia Lumia 900 Coming Soon
- Windows Phone App Flow: Here’s Joe
- TweetDeck Updated to Add Some Features Back
- Bing Aerial Europe, Aerial US, Insects and Flora Dynamic Theme Updates for 22 March 2012
- Angry Birds Space Launches
- More Smoked By Windows Phone Challenges Heading to TV As Commercials
- Windows 8 Developer How To Posts from Microsoft’s Doctor Z
- Is StatCounter Grinding An Axe With Microsoft?
- Windows Live Essentials 2011 Software Suite Updated
- Tracking Down the Nokia Lumia 900 Release Date
- Windows Home Server Does It Again
Date Produced: 25 March 2012
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a member of the TechPodcast Network.
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 37
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 47
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 48
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 55
- Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 50