If you’re looking for some NBA and basketball video game discussion this Easter Weekend, tune in to Episode #75 of the NLSC Podcast! Arcane, JaoSming and I get together again this week to discuss the upcoming 2014 NBA Playoffs, speculate on the direction that NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15 will take, and reminisce fondly about our exploits on the virtual hardwood.
- We tip things off with some housekeeping notes, including the full launch of our mobile design and the impending return of the NLSC Top 10 Plays of the Week.
- The official site of the Boston Celtics provided us with a very cool glimpse behind the scenes of the team’s face scans for NBA Live 15. Looks like we could be seeing a huge jump in the game’s aesthetics.
- Another Coach’s Corner has been posted, as usual giving us a few more tidbits on the further development of the NBA Live series.
- What direction do we see NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15 taking? We talk about our expectations for the immediate future of both series.
- Basketball video game modding is getting more attention in the mainstream gaming media, as Polygon posted a piece on MGX’s Space Jam mod.
- JaoSming talks a little about his latest projects and recent modding developments. We also announce a new project by bigh0rt.
- We reminisce about our earliest experiences with basketball video games, and some of the fond memories we have of playing them over the years.
- Turning our attention to the NBA Playoffs, the sixteen participants have been set but the seeding isn’t finalised. Nevertheless, let the predictions begin!
- Should the format of the Playoffs be changed, as Adam Silver has hinted?
- We make some early predictions for the later rounds of the Playoffs. Will the Heat threepeat?
- The episode closes with some reflections on the 2013/2014 regular season.
Click Play to listen to the show!
What did you think of this week’s show? What are some of your earliest and/or favourite basketball video gaming memories? Do you share our take on the Playoff format? Let us know what you think, either in the comments below or here.