In this episode of the Pastariain St. Louis, where Chef Gerard Craft serves up Italian dishes like Bucatini All'Amatriciana and Pappardelle. We discuss the local craft brewery scene, the appeal of toasted ravioli and how to eat concrete.
- Read more about Pastaria on The Moscow Circus
- Visit the Pastaria website
- Pastaria is located at 7734 Forsyth Boulevard Clayton, MO 63105
- Try a Provel-topped pizza at Imo's
- Get a concrete at Ted Drewes
- Visit Forest Park
- Crispy Risotto Balls
- Shaved Kale Salad
- Bucatini All'Amatriciana
- Half salted caramel, half pistachio gelato
St. Louis Dining Districts to Explore:
- Soulard/Benton Park
- The Hill
St. Louis Food Events:
- Any Schlafly festival: Cod & Cask in February, Oyster & Stout in March, Belgian Beer & Mussels in July, Hop in the City in September.
- St. Nicholas Greek Festival (Labor Day Weekend)
Food for Thought:
- Q: Name three foods that debuted at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis.
- A: Hot dogs, iced tea and the waffle ice cream cone.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Best Beer Selection: Schlafly
- Favorite Place for a First Date: I Fratellini
- Favorite Place to Watch the Game: The Post Sports Bar & Grill
- Favorite BBQ Joints: Bogarts Smokehouse
- Chef to Watch: Josh Galliano
- Where to Go For Your Last Meal: World's Fair Donuts