(Click title to listen)
Parents often approach me and ask how they should be training their kids to survive in today’s culture. It’s a great question!
Here are some of the core areas for parents to focus on:
- Train your teen to handle rejection and disappointment by allowing them to experience both.
- Train your teen to appreciate hard work.
- Train them to make wise decisions by working through the consequences of poor ones.
- Train them to bounce back from mistakes.
- Train them to handle money by giving them a checkbook early on.
- And finally… train them to choose the path of integrity, honesty and keeping their word.
Those aren’t my insights … they come straight from the Bible. Time- tested wisdom that won’t let you down! Mom, Dad … let’s help our kids know how to survive in today’s culture.
©2013 Mark Gregston www.parentingtodaysteens.org. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 1-866-700-3264
Also, listen via iTunes here.