In this episode of Fighting Anorexia I talk about how we can protect ourselves from dieting co-workers, crazy weight loss gurus and other toxic media messages.
Here are a few strategies that you can implement today:
- Ask people to stop talking about their diets when you are around. Be blunt about it but in a kind way. You don’t have to tell them you have an eating disorder, but tell them their constant conversations about this topic are bothering you.
- Put earphones on and listen to music or podcasts. This will drown the other voices.
- Start a different conversation. Sometimes people need a push in the right direction. Be that push.
- If friends are hindering you in moving forward, stop seeing them, even if it hurts.
- Read books and take in different ideas, different subject, important topics. Inspire yourself.
- Remind yourself of what is really important in life. Write down a list and have it handy.
- Get some perspective: go out on a walk, talk to a friend, see a therapist and remind yourself what life is really about.
Here are a few links of what I’ve mentioned in the episode:
If you would like to leave me some feedback, you can mail it to email@example.com
You can follow me on twitter: @anneso87
Thanks For Subscribing To The Fighting Anorexia Podcast:
Note: My podcasts are now also available on Stitcher!
040 Fighting Anorexia – How Can I Protect Myself From Toxic Outside Influences? is a post from: Fighting Anorexia