Welcome to the latest and free The Engaging Brand podcast covering social media, business ideas and brand marketing tips
So today Christopher Sprigman, Research Professor whose scholarship focuses on how legal rules affect innovation and deployment of new technologies joins me Anna Farmery to talk about The Knock Off Economy.
- How imitiation sparks creativity - how copying can help business growth
- How the fashion industry needs copying
- Why is the music industry different to the fashion industry?
- Will 3D printing and Maker revolution affect the benefits of piracy?
- The impact of mass customisation on Intellectual Property?
- Will the knock off economy move from High Street to the home?
- How chefs build a brand through copying as a marketing strategy - but why is a recipe different to a music score?
- The importance of creating an experience as that isn't covered by copyright or patents.
- Why copying should not effect the entertainment industry
- How can copyright be enforced
- Will social norms become the new intellectual property legal framework?
- Will the ease of copying mean more industry specific regulation - or can looking at copying in creative ways actually increase profits?
Remember you can email me email@example.com, tweet me on twitter or discuss it on Google+