The latest show of The Engaging Brand podcast covering social media, business ideas and brand marketing tips is here and sees Tony Tjan joining Anna Farmery to talk about what it takes to be an entrepeneur from his book Hearts, Smarts, Guts and Luck, you can take the entrepreneurial aptitude test here
We talk about
- What are the 4 key traits of what makes successful entrepreneur's tick?
- Are the traits of the self awareness aptitude test sector based?
- What are the demographics of the entrepreneur spirit?
- Why IQ is less important than self awareness in building a business
- Examples of what is your principle trait for decision making
- How 30% of successful entrepreneurs don't have a business plan
- The need to have a plan for your business rather than a static business plan
- Asking yourself what are your 8 nuances that make you stand out from the competition
- How you need to be detailed but on the business....purpose, then product and then profit.
- Asking yourself on failure - was my standard reasonable?
- Are entrepreneurs tough on themselves?
- How luck is not random - it is a function of curiousity, optimism and putting yourself in the right place.
- What can government do to support entrepreneurship?
Remember you can email me, email@example.com, join me on twitter or Google+