I can't believe that it is podcast 400 of The Engaging Brand podcast covering social media, business ideas and brand marketing tips
As it is a special milestone Anna Farmery invited Duann Scott from Shapeways to talk about how new models are developing which are different to the traditional business model - bringing the customer inside of the walls.
- How Shapeways are working with the customer to design, build and sell their own ideas
- How they create a marketplace for small business and a test market for ideas
- How mass production is being overtaken by stock on demand
- How Shapeways is helping companies make a higher profit margin
- How consumers can think, make and sell their own ideas...now!...how Shapeways see the future trends of manufacturing
- Is 3D printing an online activity or will it lead to retails stores?
- How personalised gifts are changing from adapting a standard product to mass customisation
- Are we near to a factory in a kitchen with 3d printer and what is 3D printing?
- What are the legal implications of printing in 3d and the role of copyright in emerging markets
- Should business be looking at partnering with Shape ways or getting the emerging technology in house - new revenue streams for your business
- How the change in digital files has changed the music and film industry - and how it will change other industries in the future
You can email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, message me on twitter or discuss it on Google+