This week's The Engaging Brand podcast covering social media, business ideas and brand marketing tips, is an interview with Tomio Taki - the man behind Anne Klein Company and Donna Karan International.
Donna Karan said of Tomio
“I don’t think I’d be where I am today without Tomio Taki.”- Donna Karan
Tomio talks with podcast host Anna Farmery to discuss ZENNOVATION , a book in which he reveals the experiences that shaped his business philosophy.
- 3 Tips to Continuing Success - be prepared, know your enemy, without a loser there is no winner
- How to take a risk as a small business
- How to cope with competition and economic changes, building an even stranger brand
- The need to know what your secondary product is, in case your products don't work
- How the early requirement of taking on family responsibility helped to give him the strength to think independently and be successful in business
- The creation of the DKNY brand with Anne Klein - the difference between starting a business and growing a brand
- How Western leaders need to embrace humility.
- The story of the saw! How a saw shows you there is always more than one way to achieve your goals
You can email Tomio with any questions at Tomio Taki
or email me, email@example.com, join me on twitter or Google+