Sir Terry Leahy is credited with turning round retailing in the UK. He led Tesco from a struggling business to a global force, through 'simply' putting the customer first.
He joins Anna Farmery to discuss the Management in 10 Words, a book in which he reveals the experiences that shaped his business philosophy.
- How the 10 Words have come from both his early life and also through the experience of leading a successful retailer.
- What he learned from writing the book.
- Truth - why business is bad at confronting reality and why the truth is vital.
- How the way a corporation thinks is so vital to success.
- How being led by the consumer created a new culture and more value for shareholders and customers.
- How the customer can be incorporated into the business strategy and even save you money!
- How to assign responsibility to put the customer first.
- The 5 stages of getting something to happen.
- How technology should free to people to human not replace them.
- How data is only valuable if you use it to create customer loyalty and how marketing should use data.
- How and why Tesco created Clubcard and what data is for...
- The paradox of the abundance of choice and the need to help customers make choices.
- How to learn from competitors rather than dismissing their weaknesses.
Remember to email me email@example.com, join me on twitter or join me on to discuss it on Google+