Can you really replace yourself to work on your business, instead of in your business? Check out the basics of outsourcing 101 in your business to the Philippines with John Jonas from Replacemyself.com. We discuss the basics from finding, hiring, training, and paying your virtual assistant.
- 02:40 - How John got into the outsourcing world
- 03:40 - Agency outsourcing vs hiring a virtual assistant
- 04:40 - What types of outsourcing is available in the market now
- 06:50 - Should you outsource software development?
- 07:50 - Rise of the virtual assistant outsourcing model
- 08:30 - What type of tasks can virtual assistants handle?
- 10:10 - How the outsourcing market has changed since 2005
- 11:20 - Couldn't your best virtual assistant just quit start their own shop?
- 14:20 - Importance of a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- 16:20 - How long does it take VA's to ramp up their skillset?
- 17:00 - Should everyone hire a full-time VA?
- 19:25 - Philippines vs India vs Indonesia and other countries for VAs
- 21:40 - Cultural differences that can impact your business
- 22:45 - How to set the employment ground rules with your VAs
- 24:20 - Retention, other job opportunities, and your VA
- 26:20 - Monthly expense range you can expect hiring your first VA
- 30:45 - Should you hire a VA based on skill set or character?
- 32:20 - How to communicate with your VA if its not working out
- 34:00 - Making the hard decision to let go of someone
- 37:00 - Can VAs emulate your mindset and how you think?
- 38:45 - How do you pay your VA?
- 40:45 - What's the process of scaling up your VA?
- 42:00 - Testing a VA as an investment for your management skills
- 44:20 - How hiring a VA is NOT a magic bullet
Interested in online eCommerce master classes about SEO, marketing, and conversions? Help choose a topic by filling out a one question survey at www.buildmyonlinestore.tv