In many ways, the political process depends on the entrapment of political supporters. We are often entrapped into “believing in” one candidate or another, while thinking that the choice was all our idea. We have been conditioned and convinced to think as we do, and it is these willing chains that must be broken in order to see things as they truly are. On this Election Day episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri take a closer look at what Obama and Romney supporters say about their candidates. They also make predictions about the outcome of today’s election.
Other topics discussed include LSU vs. Alabama, potential effect of early voting, election win-lose scenarios, voter disenfranchisement in 2012, anti-Obama text messages, $2 billion total being spent on campaigning, candidate supporters spewing talking points, using kids for political shilling, celebrity political supporters, Chris Rock’s message to white voters, D.L. Hughley’s foolish statements, and more!
Call us at 202-446-1886 and let us know what you think about the show.
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $1 now!
- It is election day!
- Heit & Cheri discuss Heit’s cheering during the LSU vs. Alabama game. Heit says LSU threw that game. Cheri points out a sh!t-taking Facebook stat that Heit posted on Facebook during the time while LSU was winning.
- Discussion about whether Heit & Cheri are rooting for any particular candidate. People take rooting for their “champion” very seriously.
- Heit & Cheri still predict that Obama will win the election.
- Discussion about the potential effect that early voting can have on the election outcome.
- If Obama loses, his supporters will blame everyone who didn’t vote. These supporters will automatically become in opposition to all the things that Obama has been doing if a President Romney does them–like drones, invading sovereign nations, etc.
- Discussion about voter disenfranchisement and whether this will be an issue in this election.
- Discussion about coordinated anti-Obama text messages being sent to peoples’ cell phones. The messages said things like, “Obama supports homosexuality and its radical social agenda. Say No to Obama on Nov 6!” “Obama is using your tax dollars to fund Planned Parenthood and abortion. Is that right?” and “Obama denies protection to babies who survive abortions. Obama is just wrong.”
- Discussion about people misusing peoples’ personal information. How did they get the cell phones numbers in the first place.
- Discussion about how the political landscape of elections have changed.
- Discussion about $2 billion total being spent on campaigning by both sides during the presidential election–about $1 billion each.
- Barack Obama was encouraging people to “knock on doors with me,” as if he is actually going to knock on doors with you.
- Discussion about the celebrities who have supported Obama–Bruce Springsteen, Jay-Z, and the Dave Matthews Band. Meatloaf and Kid Rock came out in support of Romney.
- Discussion about people who try to make the supporters of the opposite candidates look stupid. They decide to set them up and record the supporters saying things that the person recording expects to reflect badly on them or the candidate.
- Discussion about the video from a Romney rally in Ohio, at which his passionate supporters expressed their love for the candidate:
- Discussion about religious people thinking that God supports their candidate. They never consider that their candidate could be wrong.
- Discussion about how nobody ever thinks they are wrong in the moment. Heit says, “You cannot BE wrong, but you can HAVE BEEN wrong.”
- The supporters are so passionate and emotional, but they haven’t done their homework. They’ve only memorized the talking points.
- Romney supporters ignore the obvious and provable things that Obama has done wrong in favor of discussing old stuff like his birth certificate, religion and connection to Rev. Wright. They should be discussing the “right now” issues.
- Discussion about the young Obama supporter who said that we would be going back to picking crops if Obama is not reelected. Why do people try to use children to advance their political agendas?
- Why is he talking to the child in that silly voice?
- The kid’s comments are clearly a repetition of something he’s heard someone else say. We see this with candidates. People love to use kids to shill for their candidates.
- Would you let someone put your child on camera making comments like that?
- Discussion about Obama supporters being told that the election had already taken place, then being asked whether they voted. Pretty much all of the people, being put on the spot, lied about having already voted in the election for Obama.
- You would get the same type of responses from Romney supporters. There is also a racist component here too–trying to make Black and brown people look stupid.
- Discussion about celebrity dresses designed to make fashion statements on the election. Katy Perry and LisaRaye wore patriotic dresses.
- What do you think about celebrities who endorse candidates, yet are not registered voters. You should probably be registered if you are making endorsements.
- Discussion about Nicki Minaj’s comments about Romney.
- Discussion about Barack Obama upping his cool factor by being aware of Nicki Minaj and her music. He also pointed out that she uses different voices in her music. All of these different voices are still Nicki Minaj though–they all come from her.
- Discussion of Chris Rock’s video about the election. He gives his reasons for white people to vote for Barack Obama:
- Heit & Cheri enjoy Chris Rock’s social commentary.
- Discussion about the big name people who obviously follow Axiom Amnesia.
- It would be great if Chris Rock brought his show back. Bill Maher is so inauthentic.
- Discussion about D.L. Hughley being extremely wack with both hisEpisode 054.
- Heit & Cheri appreciate the support of people who follow Axiom Amnesia. Everyone doesn’t appreciate our approach, and that’s okay.
- Episode 071: Post Race All
- Is Chris Rock Responsible For The Rise And Election Of Barack Obama?
- Atty Gen. Eric Holder, CBC, IRS, ACLU Conspire With Black Religious Leaders To Re-Elect Barack Obama
- Live Blog Of 2012 Election Day Coverage: President Obama vs. Gov. Romney
- Episode 069: Nye Eve Of Voting